Last weekend, @sunkissedsarahh nominated me for the Liebster Award 2017. Being new on Twitter and the blogging scene I have to say that I didn’t know what the heck was the Liebster award. After searching the web to know more about this award, I found out that this award was created to recognise and /or discover new blogger and welcome them to the blogosphere. This award exists only online and it’s given to blogger by other bloggers.
At first I was cool someone as find my blog and wants to recognise the hard work that I put on my blog and share it with other people… that’s nice. And afterward, I was a bit disappointed when I realized that it has all the ressemblance of a chain letter. The Liebster Award works like so according to www.liebsterawards.com
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to them on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
(Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer the questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide random facts about yourself.
- Nominate blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers.
- Create a new list of questions for the nominees to answer.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
That was the original rules, but the Liebster Award propose also 3 variations of rule and I was nominated for this Award:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
Since don’t like chains letter, I will not nominate 11 other bloggers. I will simply list a few questions below and invite you, my readers, to answer them so I can know you a bit better.
But first I will answer the 11 questions that I’ve been asked.
- What inspired you to start a blog?
Many reason inspired me to start a blog, but meanly to fulfill my need to create something of my own and to let my creativity out. I want with cathm.com to inspire women to live an inspired life every day.
- What is your favourite topic to blog about and why?
I don’t have a favourite topic but I do love to share my personal thoughts and reflections. The words come easily and I know that it can touch or inspire someone out there.
- What is the best blog post you have read by somebody else?
The best blog post I have read so far by someone are those three (sorry they are in French)
Tes antidépresseurs, ta honte by Méliane on La parfait maman cinglante blog.
Ma tête en lockout by Champagne et Confetti blog
Je suis une pas fine by Bulles et Bottillons blog
All three post have been release during the Bell cause for the cause day in January 2017. This particular day rise awareness about Mental health and illness. Since I suffered from a severe depression in 2016 those three posts are close to my heart.
- What makes your blog different to other blogs?
My blog is the extension of who I am. So my blog is authentic, honest and simple. Also it’s written by a French Canadian who lives in Québec but secretly dreams to live in an English environment so it brings a nice flavour.
- What is your top blogging tip?
My only blogging tip that I would give to anyone is to respect yourself and who you are. To be a blogger it takes time, patience, effort, perseverance and some good will.
- What is your proudest moment outside of blogging?
My proudest moment outside of blogging… I would say that is when I’ve decided to live my life at is best by following my guts and by doing what I really want.
- Where would you like your blog to be 5 years from now?
Where do I see my blog in 5 years… um… that’s a good question? In 5 years from now, my blog would have inspired thousands of women and created a small community. Also, I think that I would be able to offer through cathm.com my service as a virtual assistant or as a personal assistant for blogger, youtuber, influencer, small online businesses and startup.
- Who is your favourite blogger and why?
Right now I do love to read Victoria Magrath on her blog InTheFrow.com, Poppy Deyes at poppydeyes.com and Lo Bosworth at thelodown.com I Also love to read my friend Cindy’s blog at citronetfleurs.com (French blog)
- What would you rate your blog (out of 10) and why?
For now, I’m not able to rate my blog cause it’s just a baby, but in one year from now ask me again this question and I’ll probably be able to answer it.
- Which other social media platforms do you use to promote your blog?
I use a lot Instagram (@cathmblog). But I also promote my blog by Facebook (@cathmblog), Twitter (@cathmblog) and Bloglovin.
- Tell us something about you that we don’t already know…
I was a reality TV junkie and now I don’t own a TV.
I’m curious and I want to learn more about you, so ,if you want to I challenge you to answer those 6 simple questions in the comment below. Who’s up for the challenge?
- What is your biggest accomplishment so far?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What are you grateful for?
- What lifestyle inspired you the most?
- If you have to choose which destination would you go?
- What are your top 5 goals in life?