This summer I subscribed to an organic vegetable basket from a local farmer and every week I’m shocked by the abundance of vegetable that I have in my basket.
I’m a single lady, so the amount of vegetable that I have each week is enormous. So I have to find different ways to transform what I’ve received each week. This week I had a lot of tomatoes in my basket.
One of many ways to preserve tomatoes is to cook them in oil with some spices. It’s easy to do and you can put those tomatoes everywhere; in pasta, pizza, focaccia, etc.
- 12 plum tomatoes
- 1 cup Olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- fresh herbs of your choice or dried herb of your choice
- Preheat the oven at 250 F
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them in half
- Remove the seeds
- Combine in a bowl all the ingredients
- Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet cut side up
- Bake for 2 h 30 to 3 h.
*The tomatoes can be frozen in a small batch in freezer bags.